Participating in Visit Finland’s Sustainable Tourism program requires increasing the organisation’s own competence.
This is conveniently done by first reading the “Sustainable Travel Finland e-guide”, which at the time of writing is only available to participants in the program, but the public material found in it can be found with this Google search, for example.
Second, the organization should map out its current status by conducting a self-assessment. The results of Krepelin’s self-assessment can be found in this file (in Finnish). It’s not quite the most readable in the world, but more important is the actual development program. More of that in the next blog post.
The third way to increase one’s own skills is by participating in trainings, of which Harri at Krepelin has participated in the following:
- March 31, 2021 “Introduction to Responsible Tourism” and “Sustainable Travel Finland Program” organized by The Business Centre of Kristiinankaupunki. These were super interesting!
- 22.4.2021 Sustainability seminar of the Association of Finnish Municipalities
- 3.5.2021 Making a development plan
- 21.5.2021 Certificates of Sustainable Development
Next, Harri will participate in the following
- 15.9.2021 Inclusive tourism
- 8.12.2021 Indicators